About 26 years ago I traveled to Sri Lanka and visited the whole country. I fell madly in love with the food. In Sri Lanka everything is Coconut….how perfect for a keto diet!
- 4 7ounce portions of Silver Hake or other sustainable white fish
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds, whole
- 2 long green chiles, cut in small pieces, deseeded if you prefer a milder curry.
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated.
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 inch fresh turmeric root, grated or ½ tsp of ground turmeric powder
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1.5 cup full fat coconut cream
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup water
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a large saucepan or a small dutch oven.
- Add the mustard seed and stir until it starts to pop.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sweat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chilli, curry, cumin and turmeric and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and salt and bring to the boil then simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime heat the rest of the oil in a nonstick pan.
- Fry the fish in the coconut oil for about 2 to 3 minutes, turning it gently in the middle careful not to break the fillets.
- Now add the fish to the curry sauce, and cook for another 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the cilantro and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 portion
- Calories: 535
- Fat: 37 gr
- Carbohydrates: 5.75 gr net
- Protein: 44 gr