A low carb, keto friendly, egg and dairy free crust for pizza and crackers. Gourmet topping in two variations: keto and paleo!
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 cup water
- Keto Topping
- ½ cup aged pecorino cheese or grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Paleo Topping
- 1 cup sliced shitake or regular mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- remove all the cauliflower florets and chop them very finely in a food processor
- grind the chia seeds into flour in a coffee grinder
- mix cauliflower and chia flour with salt, olive oil and water
- mix well until a smooth “dough” is formed
- let rest for 20 minutes.
- Oil a cookie sheet with olive oil
- spread the “dough” about ½ inch thick, or if you prefer use two cooke sheets and spread the dough thinner
- bake at 100 degrees for about an hour, the crust should be cooked and dry, might take longer depending on the thickness you chose. If the crust is not dry, bake it longer.
- Once the crust is ready raise the oven to 400 degrees.
- Keto Topping
- In a food processor mix the cheeses, cream and garlic until a smooth paste is formed.
- Spread on the pizza crust and bake for 10 min on 400F.
- Paleo Toppping
- Spread tomato puree on the pizza crust (do NOT use tomato sauce here! It’s not Italian!!)
- Spread the rest of the ingredients on top
- Bake for 10 min at 400F
Crust alone: 1 portion: 232 Kcal. – 14 gr Fat – 8.99 gr Protein – 14 gr Fat – 15 gr carbs – 14.5 gr Fiber – 1.4 grams Net Carbs
Keto Topping, 1 portion: 166 Kcal. – 16 gr Fat – 4.5 gr Protein – 1.6 gr Carb – 0 gr Fiber – 1.6 Gr Net Carb
Paleo Topping, 1 portion: 53 Kcal. – 1.6gr Fat – 10 gr Carbs – 1.6 gr Fiber – 8.3gr Net carbs – 1.5gr Protein