The best way to still enjoy this favorite soup and make it be a healthy experience, perfect for keto is to make it yourself!
- • 4 cups Chicken Broth
- • 1.5 cups full fat coconut milk
- • 3 Kaffir Lime leaves (found in Asian Markets) OR zest of 1 organic lime
- • 1 inch fresh lemongrass cut in slices OR 1 teaspoon dried lemongrass
- • 1 cup fresh cilantro
- • 3 or 4 dried Thai Chilies or 1 jalapeno sliced
- • 1 inch piece of fresh galangal root OR 1 inch piece fresh ginger root OR 2 to 3 pieces dried galangal root
- • (get lemongrass, galangal and chilis together here)
- • 1 teaspoon sea salt
- • 100 grams raw wild caught shrimp or 100 grams raw chicken thigh meat
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- • 30 grams mushrooms (any kind) sliced.
- • 30 grams red onion, sliced thinly
- • 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 anchovy finely smashed
- • Juice of 1 lime
- • 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro to garnish
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer very lightly (do not boil hard!) for 20 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh colander and pour back into the pan.
- Bring the broth back to a simmer, then add the shrimp or chicken and the fish sauce or anchovy.
- Add the sliced onion and the mushrooms.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes, until the meat is done.
- Add the lime juice and serve in bowls with the chopped cilantro as garnish/
- You can serve on top of shirataki noodles for a noodle soup!
NotesTO LOWER CARBS SKIP LEMON JUICE AND ONION: 5 GR NET PER SERVING.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 2 portions
- Calories: 493
- Fat: 45.3
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Protein: 11.5