Quick Keto Egg Drop Soup is ready in minutes, when you have bone broth made and on hand. It fills you up without spiking blood sugar and is a great option for the Egg Fast, Induction, or Page 4 plans.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Yield: 1 big bowl Serving Size: 1 big bowl (about 1 1/2 cups) Calories per serving: 217 Fat per serving: 19g
- 1 cup organic chicken broth, or bone broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, divided
- granulated garlic
- ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari, or coconut aminos, divided
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce aka Rooster Sauce
- 3-4 drops toasted sesame oil
- 1 large mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- Combine broth and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic powder, ginger and half the tamari or coconut aminos.
- Beat egg with 1/2 of the sesame oil and tamari. Add granulated garlic and ginger.
- Stir super hot broth in a circle. Drizzle in egg and stir until egg rags appear (about 45 seconds).
- Pour into a bowl and top with green onion, cilantro, sriracha and sesame oil..
Feel free to simmer a sliced mushroom and a handful of spinach in this rich, eggy broth. It may no longer be Egg Fast friendly, but will still be pure d-lish and perfectly Induction and Page 4 friendly.
Serving Ideas Enjoy as a stand-alone meal or pair with a small salad for a light but satisfying meal, super low in carbs
Per Serving (no toppings) 208 Calories; 19g Fat (80.4% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2g Effective Carbs
Per Serving (with toppings) 217 Calories; 19g Fat (79.2% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber, 3g Effective Carbs
Per Serving (with toppings, mushroom, baby spinach) 229 Calories; 19g Fat (75.1% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;, 4g Effective Carbs