These easy homemade parmesan zucchini tots are a fun and delicious way to eat zucchini. They make a great healthy snack or side dish.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded and lightly patted dry zucchini (about 1 1/2 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Shred zucchini with a vegetable grater. When done, pat zucchini dry with a few sheets of paper towels. While you don’t need to completely dry the zucchini, you do want to absorb some of the moisture. I used about 4 sheets of paper towels. You want to keep drying the zucchini until the stage where when you pat the shredded zucchini with a paper towel, the paper towel is moist but no longer soaking with water.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of patted dry zucchini and add to a large mixing bowl. Add egg, cheese and breadcrumbs. Stir until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Take 1 tablespoon of zucchini batter and squeeze between palm of hand, compressing it. Some water should also release out. Using both hands now, shape to resemble a cylinder tater tot shape. Place onto a baking sheet lined with silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until bottoms are golden brown and crispy. Flip over and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve warm with dipping sauce of your choice.