Keto Red Velvet Cupcakes
For this recipe, I used PURE non-alkalized cocoa. I found this at my local bulk store. The point of using unprocessed cocoa is because it is acidic, so when we add the baking soda, it reacts.
You can use Dutch-processed cocoa (found in most stores), but instead, use baking powder instead of soda.
What’s the difference? Dutch-processed cocoa is mixed with baking powder to neutralize the acidity, raw cocoa powder is just pure cocoa. It has more of a red-tinge to it. If you’re confused, look at the ingredients. If it has baking powder in it – it’s dutch processed.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp pure cocoa
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup sugar subsitute (I used a Monk Fruit/Erythritol blend)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp red food colouring
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda (or powder if it’s dutch-processed cocoa)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a bowl, mix together your almond flour and cocoa.. (If you are using Dutch processed cocoa, add in your baking powder with the flour) In a separate bowl, beat together your butter and sugar substitute with a hand or stand mixer. Add in your eggs, one at a time, beating each egg in throughly.
- Beat in your sour cream, buttermilk and red food colouring.
- Pour your red mixture into the bowl with the cocoa and almond flour. Stir until it has been mixed thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, mix together your vinegar and baking soda – it should react and start bubbling. Stir until it is all mixed together, then fold the vinegar into your cupcake batter. (skip this step if you used Dutch-processed cocoa)
- Pour the batter into a muffin tin lined with cups. Bake at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean – roughly 25 – 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, beat together your icing ingredients until nice and smooth.
- Once the cupcakes are done and cooled down, cut a small hole out in the top of the cupcake. Pipe in your icing. Crumble the cupcake hole ontop of the icing.
- Repeat with the rest of the cupcakes!
- This makes roughly 12 cupcakes.
- CALS: 155
- FAT: 13.6
- CARBS: 5
- FIBRE: 2.3
- PROTEIN: 6
- CALS: 377
- FAT: 36.9
- CARBS: 5.8
- FIBRE: 2.3
- PROTEIN: 7.7
Sugar Free Red Velvet & Cream Cake
Sugar Free Cake Ingredients
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp MCT oil
- 1 cup Pyure Organic All-Purpose Blend
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp super red Americolor food coloring
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Guar gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Dutch-processed cocoa powder
Sugar Free Frosting Ingredients
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Pyure Organic All-Purpose Blend
- 2 tsp. Clear vanilla
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Mix all liquid ingredients with the Pyure Sweetener. (Eggs, melted butter, heavy cream, MCT oil, Clear Vanilla, and Red Food Coloring)
- Then add the rest of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture above (Almond flour, Coconut Flour, pink salt, baking powder, Guar gum, baking soda and the Dutch-Processed cocoa powder)
- Grease the cake pans. No need to add flour if you have a nonstick pan you are using.
- Divide between 2 cake pans size 6 x 2 inches. I prefer two of these 6-inch nonstick cake pans found here on Amazon! My cakes always come out perfect when I use them!
- Bake 350 for 30 minutes covered with tin foil on the middle rack.
- Poke the cake with a knife and if the knife
- Allow the cake to completely cool before you frost it.
- Then make the frosting by adding all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, then using a mixer to blend it until smooth. TIP: make sure the cream cheese is room temperature so it blends easier.The nutrition label includes the cake and the frosting in total carbs.
this sugar free Red Velvet Cake is made with the most delicious Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting too!
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 2g