Creamy and delicious, this low carb green bean casserole is the perfect keto friendly side dish for all of your holiday dinners. So easy you’ll make it often.
Prep Time5 minsCook Time15 mins Total Time 20 mins Servings: 2 Calories: 253kcal Author: Marye
- 1 cup of cooked cut green beans
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried onions
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 ounces shredded mild cheddar
- Drain the green beans well and pat dry with paper towels. Too much liquid on the beans will thin the sauce.
- Place the heavy cream and cream cheese in a pan over medium heat.
- Whisk until the cream cheese softens and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the dried onions and soy sauce.
- Continue to stir until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the green beans and simmer, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Sauce will be very thick and cling to the green beans. If not continue to simmer and stir.
- Taste and add pepper as needed.
- Place the green beans in 2 individual cast iron casseroles OR a small, heat proof dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil, watching carefully, until the cheese bubbles and turns golden.
If you don’t drain the green beans and pat them dry they will add liquid to the sauce and it will be runny.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 13g| Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 416mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 4.4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 25.4% | Vitamin C: 9.3% | Calcium: 11.9% | Iron: 4.6%