Growing up in an Italian-American family, Spaghetti & Meatballs was a staple in our household. Long before the days that I had discovered my gluten allergy, it was probably one of my favorite meals. But let’s be honest, what’s not to love? It’s filling and comforting – the perfect example of comfort food.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup low-sugar ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combined all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until all spices and herbs and evenly distributed.
- Roll mixture into lime size balls. You should be able to get around 20 meatballs.
- Place them on a cookie sheet lined with foil and baked until golden and cooked through. It took around 25-30 minutes for me.
- Remove from oven and simmer on stove top in marinara sauce until sauce is heated through.
- Eat like this or serve with your favorite pasta substitute (shirataki, spaghetti squash).