Whether you’re a cranberry sauce or cranberry relish person, this fresh tasting low carb recipe with orange and spices will help you make a keto Thanksgiving possible.
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES SERVINGS: 12 CALORIES : 17KCAL
- 12 ounces fresh Ocean Spray cranberries washed
- 1 medium orange 4 oz
- 2/3 cup Sukrin 1 powdered, or Swerve Granulated
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger juice (1 inch piece of fresh ginger chopped, squeeze in garlic press)
- 3 pinches ground cloves
- Wash the cranberries and discard any small stones or soft berries. Cut the stem and blossom end of the orange to the flesh, then quarter it and cut each quarter in half. Do not peel the orange. Discard any seeds. Roughly chop a 1 inch piece of ginger. Powder the sweetener in a coffee or spice grinder.
- Layer the cranberries and orange pieces in the processor and add the sweetener, spice and ginger juice. (Put the chopped ginger in a garlic press and squeeze to extract as much of the juice as you can. You can’t really taste it, but it surely adds to the over-all flavor.)
- Using the pulse button, run the food processor until the cranberries and orange are chopped into roughly the same sized pieces. Taste. If you would like it sweeter, add your favorite stevia sweetener or more powdered Sukrin 1 (or Swerve Granulated). It should taste both tart and sweet.
- Refrigerate up to two days before needing and for 5-7 days total. Makes approximately 3 cups with 1/4 cup per serving.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 17kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin C: 13%
- Leftover cranberry relish is great on cheesecake or mixed into muffin and cake batters.