This Cheesy Creamed Spinach is a low carb and gluten free, healthier copycat version of the Boston market classic creamed spinach!
Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Total Time 15 minutes Servings8 Calories 218 kcal Author Brenda Bennett | Sugar-Free Mom
- 2 tbsp Horizon Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Horizon Half & Half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 8 ounces Havarti cheese
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat then add the shallots and garlic.
- Cook until tender then pour in the Half & Half and reduce to low heat.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg and cayenne.
- Add in the Havarti cheese and cook on low until it’s melted and combined throughout.
- Once melted add in the spinach and toss together until all the spinach has been coated with the cheese.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
Net Carbs: 4.2g