Fresh and light. The perfect low carb summer snack or appetizer – Oven Roasted Basil Parmesan Tomatoes.
Author: Kyndra D. Holley Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Yield: 12 Roasted Tomato Slices – 6 Servings
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I use these spices)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the ends off the tomatoes and then slice them into thirds. If you are using a larger tomato that a Roma, you will likely get double the amount of slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and pepper.
- Line the tomato slices in a single layer across the parchment paper. Sprinkle both sides of each slice with the seasoning blend.
- Top each tomato slice with a fresh basil leaf and then top each slice generously with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown
Per Serving (2 tomato slices) – Calories: 60 | Fat: 2.67g | Protein: 3.67g | Total Carbs: 5g | Fiber: .70g | Net Carbs: 4.3g