Kale and Eggs Benedict with Nourishing Hollandaise Sauce, a different take on the classic breakfast dish. The delicious flavor of butter permeates this dish and the raw egg yolk provides a boost of nutrition from the start of the day!
- 2 fresh organic (better pastured) eggs
- 2 ounces of raw organic baby kale, washed and trimmed from stems
- 1 clove organic garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- Celtic sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small skillet
- Smash the garlic clove and add it to the skillet
- After about a minute add the kale, it should be still wet from the wash
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally
- Remove the kale from the skillet and keep warm.
- In the meantime separate one of the egg yolks form the white
- Break the other egg and add it to the first egg white
- Now add another tablespoon of butter to the skillet
- Fry the egg with the extra egg wite until desired doneness.
- In the meantime melt the remaining butter with the coconut cream.
- In a small food processor add the egg yolk, a pinch of salt and a good grating of fresh black pepper
- Start processing the egg, then very slowly add the butter/cream mix
- (most food processors have a small hole in the top to enable you to do this)
- Mix until a smooth cream is formed
- Now put the kale in a warmed plate, add the fried egg on top and then add as much hollandaise sauce as you desire.
- Serve immediately!