Totally and completely obsessed by the salty, spicy, umami tanginess of garlic and anchovies….together they are a match made in heaven…
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 Tbs avocado oil
- 3 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp dijion mustard
- 4 anchovy filets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 Tbs grated parmesan
- 24 whole leaves of romaine hearts
- 2 oz of pork rinds chopped in small pieces
- 4 tbs shaved parmesan for garnish
- In the cup of an immersion blender place the egg yolk, the ACV, Mustard, insert the blender stick and stand on the egg yolk and then pour the avocado oil carefully on top.
- Now start the blender on low, without moving it from its position.
- The egg yolk should slowly emulsify with the oil, creating a mayonnaise. ( If you have problems making a mayo, use 1 teaspoon of commercial mayo as a starter together with the previous ingredients)
- Once the base mayo is ready, remove the blender, and add the anchovies, garlic and grated parmesan to the cup.
- Again blend on slow until all ingredients are well blended together and create a smooth mayonnaise like dressing.
- Wash and dry the romaine leaves and arrange on 4 serving plates.
- With a spoon drizzle the dressing on the leaves.
- Divide the pork rind “croutons” between the 4 dishes.
- Garnish with the shaved parmesan
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 727
- Fat: 38.75 grams
- Carbohydrates: 1.8 grams NET
- Fiber: 0.5 grams
- Protein: 13 grams