This Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Soy Sauce and Butter was so tasty we couldn’t stop talking about how good it was!
yield: 3-4 SERVINGS total time: 15 MINUTES prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 5 MINUTES
- 2 T water
- 2 tsp. soy sauce (see notes)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 T oyster sauce (see notes)
- 1 T vegetable oil (I used peanut oil)
- 2 heads head bok choy, ends trimmed and cut crosswise into strips and washed if needed
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 T butter
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish, optional but recommended
- Combine water, soy sauce, sesame oil, and oyster sauce and set aside.
- Heat wok or heavy frying pan until very hot, about 1-2 minutes, then add oil and heat about 30 seconds more.
- Add bok choy and salt and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture and butter and stir fry 1-2 minutes more, until bok choy is still slightly crisp, but getting tender.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds if desired.
Use Gluten-Free Soy Sauce if needed. I also used Gluten-Free Oyster Sauce.