Cauliflower croquettes are a low carb alternative to potato croquettes and here I’ve added cheese and onion. With no breadcrumb coating they are also gluten free.
Prep Time20 minsCook Time15 minsTotal Time35 mins
Course: Side Dish, Servings: 4 People, Author: Angela Coleby
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Cup (100g) Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (56g) Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, place in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until soft.Drain the water and cool.Remove the excess water from the florets. I either squeeze them in my hand or put them in my nut milk bag and squeeze.Mash the cauliflower either by hand or blender.Add the chopped spring onions, Cheddar cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, mustard and seasoning. Mix thoroughly.Make into croquettes shapes by hand.Place the croquettes onto parchment/greaseproof paper and put into the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up.Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heatGently fry the croquettes, turning over until golden in colour.Eat and enjoy!
Makes 12 Croquettes Serves 2-4 people
Nutritional Info per croquette: 86 Calories, 6g Fat, 5g Protein, 2.6g Total Carbs, 0.9g Fibre, 1.7g Net Carbs