It just doesn’t get any easier than this easy cheesy, buttery crockpot spaghetti squash recipe. It’s a perfect low carb holiday side dish!
Servings: 6 Calories: 192 kcal
Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 4 hrs Total Time 4 hrs 15 mins
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 ounces grated Asiago cheese
- 1 1/2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half crosswise. Place cut-side down in a large slow cooker and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or low for 4 to 6 hours. The squash is cooked when it can easily be squeezed.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the squash. Add the butter and garlic to the slow cooker and let the butter melt.
- Meanwhile, use a large spoon to scoop the seeds out of the spaghetti squash. Discard. Scoop the flesh out of the skin and add back into the slow cooker. Add the asiago, parmesan, salt, and pepper and toss to combine all the ingredients. Spread out evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and replace the slow cooker lid. Let sit in the warm slow cooker until melted, another 10 minutes or so. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.
Serves 6. Each serving has 6.42g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 192kcal
Total fat: 13.98g
Calories from fat: 125
Total dietary fiber: 1.53g