The perfect low carb side dish for summer! I grilled the asparagus for this recipe, because it adds a nice smoky flavor. It really isn’t crucial to the success of this recipe though, you can just as easily steam, blanch, roast, or even microwave the asparagus before tossing in the vinaigrette.
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb fresh asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup any light tasting oil (olive, avocado, grapeseed, etc.)
- 1 Tbl Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbl Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar free sweetener (honey if you’re Paleo)
- 1 Tbl lime juice
- 2 Tbl pecans, toasted
- Coat the asparagus with oil and salt. Grill for a couple of minutes per side, until tender but not mushy. Alternatively you can steam, blanch, roast, or microwave the asparagus as desired.
- To make the vinaigrette
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the pecans, in a small bowl. Whisk until fully combined, then add the nuts. Pour over the asparagus and enjoy!
Approximate nutrition information per serving:
Asparagus with vinaigrette: 175 calories, 17g fat, 3.75g net carbs, 3g protein
Vinaigrette only (2 Tbl): 152 calories, 17g fat, 1.75g net carbs, 1g protein