Do you need a way to increase your green veggie intake or help your kids get in some? This is a good way to start if you have picky kids as I do. Parmesan cheese makes this unbelievably good and the kids will enjoy picking them up with their fingers too!
Author: Brenda Bennett Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 30 mins Serves: 12
- 3 large zucchini, sliced (6 cups sliced rounds)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat the egg and white in a shallow bowl, set aside.
- Place the Parmesan, garlic powder and parsley in another bowl and mix well.
- Dip zucchini rounds in egg mixture then in Parmesan and place on baking sheet.
- Do not overlap zucchini on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes then flip them over and bake until 10 minutes or until the are golden brown on top.
Serving size: 1/2cup Calories: 71 Fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Protein: 6g