Creamy Greek Zucchini Patties (Low Carb & Gluten-Free) is awesome and tasty thing that i eat as a side dish. try it at your home.
Makes 24 patties
- 2 lbs / 907 gr zucchini (about 8 large)
- 2 large free-range organic eggs
- 2 large handfuls fresh herbs (mint, dill & parsley)
- 1 cup / 3.8 oz / 110 gr almond meal (or gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup / 5.3 oz / 150 gr crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Wash zucchini and cut off the ends. Grate them on the side holes of a grates (or of a food processor).
- Place grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Leave to drain for at least 10 minutes (1 hour best).
- Take handfuls of the zucchini and squeeze out all of the moisture.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, add grated zucchini, herbs, cumin, almond meal (or GF breadcrumbs), feta, salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- Transfer mixture to the refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow the almond meal to suck up some of the moisture.
- Take small handfuls of mixture and form into patties. If it seems wet, add more almond meal (or GF breadcrumbs) one tablespoon at a time.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot cook the patties in batches (do not overcrowd them) about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown,
- Remove and drain briefly on paper towel to soak up any excess grease.
One patty yields 53 calories, 5 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbs and 2 grams of protein.