The perfect way to win over Brussel sprouts haters is by serving them buttery bacon Brussels sprouts (the orange zest is optional but amazing). Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 15 minutes Total Time 20 minutes Servings Calories 120 kcal
- 400 g Brussels sprouts
- 2 slices bacon
- 55 g butter
- 1/2 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp orange zest optional
- 4 pieces walnuts pieces
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts by removing any dirty leaves, trimming the base a little, then cut in half.
- Boil in a small amount of water until just cooked, roughly 5-8 minutes. Drain and leave the lid off to allow the steam to escape. You don’t want a soggy sauce.
- In a frying pan, heat the butter, then gently cook the bacon until it begins to go crispy. Now add the garlic and cook for another minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the orange zest then gently stir in the cooked Brussels sprouts. Stir while heating the Brussels sprouts and coating them in the buttery garlic sauce.
- Serve and use some walnut pieces to garnish.