A light low carb lunch or dinner that is bursting with flavour. This Moroccan cauliflower rice with roasted vegetables is served with a yoghurt tahini dip.
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 50 minutes Total Time 1 hour Servings4 Calories 147 kcal Author Katrin
- 1 cauliflower
- 3 mixed peppers green, yellow, red, cut into thick slices
- 2 courgettes zucchini, sliced
- 1 aubergine sliced
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- ground cumin 1 generous tsp
- handful of pistachios roasted
- 50 g parsley 1 handful, chopped
- 50 g mint chopped
- 150 g/ 1/2 cup full fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon unwaxed
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 Celsius/400F.
- Slice the peppers, aubergine and courgettes, holding back 1/2 red pepper, which will go finely chopped into the cauliflower rice.
- Toss in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and roast for 45-50 minutes. Turn half way through.
- Now dry-roast your pistachios. Simply put them in a pan over medium heat and roast them until browned. This takes around 2 minutes. Be careful that they don’t burn.
- For the yoghurt tahini sauce, simply mix 150g / 1/2 cup yoghurt with 2 tbsp of tahini and the juice of 1/2 lemon. If you want, add a bit of garlic, too.
- Time to make your cauliflower rice. Cut off all outer leaves and quarter your cauliflower. Cut out the hard centre. Next, grate or blitz large chunks in the food processor until you get rice-sized pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and add the crushed garlic, chopped spring onions, the 1/2 red pepper, which you have finely chopped and the chopped chilli. Cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the 1 tbsp of cumin, juice of 1/2 a lemon and lemon zest plus the dry-roasted pistachios.
- Take the cauliflower rice off the heat. Before serving, add the parsley and mint and mix thoroughly. A few pomegranate seeds scattered over would work well here, too. I wanted to add them, but, alas, my pomegranate turned out to be a dud.
- Arrange on one big platter or serve the veggies and rice separate on 2 platters – you’re the boss.
This dish tastes good hot or cold.