This is DocP’s psylli wrap recipe, tweaked a good deal, to make them even lower carb. We so appreciate DocP’s original contribution to low carb keto fulfillment! This recipe is perfect for Egg Fast, Induction and semi Page 4 Diets.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Yield: 8-9 (Nutrition Totals Based on 8 Tortillas) Serving Size: 1-2 Psylli Wraps Calories per serving: 20
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole psyllium husks (NOW brand)
- 1/8 teaspoon gluten free aluminum free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup All Whites Egg Whites—or carton egg whites (All Whites)
- Combine dry ingredients, stirring to mix well. Pour egg whites into dry ingredients. Stir with a spoon or small spatula until you have an even, lump free batter. Batter should be very pourable, like a thin crepe batter.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spray pan with olive oil spray. Measure 2-3 Tbsp of batter at a time, into a small cup. Pour batter into the pan all at once. Swirl quickly to distribute batter like a round crepe. Cook until set on one side. Edges will begin to curl slightly. Flip and cook on the second side. Each tortilla takes about a minute to 90 seconds to fully cook. Cook, flipping back and forth until you see brown spots on each side and until the tortilla dries out like a tortilla. Cool on a clean dish towel.
- If the remaining tortilla batter has thickened too much by the time you make the 6-8th tortillas, thin it with more egg whites. (I used up to 1/4 more egg whites, because as the batter sits, it thickens.)
- Store cooled tortillas in an airtight container in the fridge up to a week, or freezer up to 1 month.
This is yet a 3rd spin-off of DocP’s Original Psylli Wrap as posted on the Fast Days Healing Days website. We wanted to see if we could complicate her great recipe and give it a little different flavor while keeping it Induction friendly and almost Page 4 friendly. We also wanted a recipe perfect for use in Fluffy Chix Cook’s version of the Egg Fast. It’s still a quick, easy (and super low calorie and low carb tortilla option). Make them ahead and chill until ready to use. If you can make pancakes or crepes, these have your name all over them!
This recipe works great for any meal! It doubles and triples well. Make only enough for the week. It’s a great way to get your psyllium in without drinking Metamucil—for those who are challenged by occasional irregularity!
Serving Ideas: Serve with your favorite filling. Notes: We really love these tortillas.
Per Serving: 20 Calories; trace Fat (0.0% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 0.75g Carbohydrate; 0.625g Dietary Fiber; 0.125g Effective Carbs