Making these Cheesy Keto Breadsticks is going to make sticking to the keto lifestyle so much easier! One of the hardest things to give up on the keto diet is bread, but you don’t have to worry anymore! These easy low carb cheese breadsticks are going to change everything in your meal plan!
Cheesy Keto Breadsticks
One thing I miss the most since we started Keto is bread. After posting my Keto Biscuit, Keto Sausage Ball Puffs, and Keto Chicken Pot Pie recipe I thought that surely I could make some adjustments to create a cheesy keto breadstick recipe.
Now, let me set the expectation. These will not taste EXACTLY like cheese sticks from your favorite Italian Restaurant since there is no gluten in coconut flour and the texture is different. However, they are an excellent keto/low carb alternative that will hit the spot.
Note: I’ve had many people ask if you can sub out almond flour for any of my recipes that contain coconut flour. Just to let you know up front, I am sure you could. However, my daughter is allergic to almonds, so I don’t personally have any experience cooking with almond flour. It is not a 1:1 substitution as coconut flour is more absorbent. Generally, a great place to start is using 4x as much almond flour as coconut flour.
Cheesy Keto Breadsticks are super easy to make.
Once your batter is all mixed up pour it into the pan.
Of course, you’ve got to add extra cheese on top to make them cheesy keto breadsticks, right?
Yum! Doesn’t they look amazing?
Are you drooling yet?
While we don’t eat these Cheesy Keto Breadsticks often, they are a nice treat every now and then.
How to Make Cheesy Keto Breadsticks
Keto / Low Carb Cheesy Breadsticks
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 15 mins Total Time 25 mins Course: Appetizer Cuisine: American Servings: 8 Calories: 299k cal Author: Kasey
For the Breadsticks:
- 4½ tablespoons of butter (melted & cooled)
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⅓ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
For the Top:
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease an 11X7 baking pan.
- Combine melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for 5 min), eggs, salt, and cream cheese then whisk together.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, and spices to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in cheeses.
- Pour batter into rectangular casserole dish.
- Top bread mixture with the additional mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and Italian spices.
- Halfway through baking use a pizza cutter to cut horizontally down the middle then vertically every inch or so to create a division in the individual breadsticks. I cut mine into 16 half breadsticks.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until breadsticks are done.
- Move pan to top rack of the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes so that the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Serve with low sugar Marinara Sauce.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 625mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15% | Calcium: 37.6% | Iron: 5.2%