A simple but flavorful side dish or salad that is easy to make, yet sophisticated enough for company.
- Yield: 2 generous servings
- 4 cups beet greens, washed and chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbl balsamic vinegar (no sugar added)
- 2 tsp olive oil (this is not a typo)
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbl pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saute pan, heat the 1 tsp olive oil and then add the beet greens. Cook for about 4 minutes or until just tender. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. In a small bowl combine balsamic vinegar and 2 tsp olive oil, whisking gently with a fork.
- To serve: Divide the greens between two plates. Top with toasted pine nuts and crumbled goat cheese, then drizzle with the oil and vinegar.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 215 calories, 18g fat, 3.5g net carbs, 10g protein