After dinner I confessed them that they had eaten heart meat. They were shocked! 90% percent of the guests expected a nasty taste….but guess what: there was none! Just bacony, crispy, meaty deliciousness!
- 12 oz Pastured Beef Heart meat, trimmed and sliced into 1″ thick pieces
- 12 Organic Uncured Bacon Slices
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- Mix all seasonings and salt together.
- Sprinkle seasonings on the pieces of heart.
- Wrap each piece of heart meat into a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick that you have soaked in water for 1 hour (so it won’t burn)
- Place rolls on a broiler pan and set under the broiler on high until brown and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- I do like to leave my heart medium rare, so it stays tender and juicy.
- Serve immediately with a dab of homemade mayonnaise mixed with hot sauce of your choice.
- Serves: 6 pieces
- Serving size: 6 portions
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 7 gr
- Saturated fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Protein: 14 gr