A superb Filipino chicken adobo with onions and garlic cooked in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Low carb and keto.
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 Calories 370 kcal
- 2 – 2.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and coarse black pepper
- 2 scallions sliced
- cooked white rice or cauliflower rice
- Select the saute mode on the pressure cooker for medium heat. Generously season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. When the display reads HOT, add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot. Add half of the chicken thighs and cook for a few minutes on each side before transferring them to a plate. Repeat for the remaining chicken thighs. Turn off the saute mode.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, onion, garlic, and cayenne to the pot. Stir well and scrape up any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Return all chicken thighs to the pot in a single layer, placing them snugly on top of the onions. Top with bay leaves. Secure and seal the lid. Cook for 10 minutes at high pressure followed by a manual pressure release.
- Uncover and select the saute mode. Boil for about 15 minutes to thicken the sauce. Remove the bay leaves. Serve the chicken and sauce, optionally with cooked cauliflower rice. Top with sliced scallions.
This recipe yields 6.5 g net carbs per serving. Nutrition information doesn’t include serving ingredients like rice.
|Nutrition Facts Per Serving|
|Total Fat 21g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carb 7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|
|Vitamin A 2% · Vitamin C 3% · Calcium 1% · Iron 17%|