A bit of French Gourmet can be perfect of the Ketogenic diet! And gourmet does not mean crazy difficult, you just need the right ingredients and this recipe is ready in few minutes.
- 2 filet mignon steaks min. 1″ tall and 4 oz each.
- 4 thin slices of Lardo di Colonnata OR 2 uncured bacon slices
- 4 Oz Chicken liver Pate’ Shaped in 2 flat disks
- 2 Tbs butter or ghee
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Kitchen Thread or regular cotton thread
- Bring your filets to room temperature.
- On a cutting board pat the filets dry with a towel.
- Cut a length of thread enough to go twice around the filet and tie a knot.
- Now wrap the Lardo or bacon around the filet, wrapping it tightly and shaping the meat in to a roundish shape.
- Tie the thread around the Lardo / bacon and close with a double knot.
- Now melt the butter or ghee in a small non-stick ceramic skillet.
- When butter is browned, add the filets being careful not to undo the wrapping.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side on a high flame, depending on thickness and desired level of doneness.
- Filets should not be cooked more than medium or the meat will get tough and dry.
- In the meantime keep the pate’ disks in the refrigerator.
- When the filets are cooked, place one of the pate’ disks on each.
- Serve immediately with a fresh green salad.
- Serves: 2 servings
- Serving size: 1 portion
- Calories: 517
- Fat: 43gr
- Carbohydrates: 1gr
- Protein: 34gr