With it’s rich bacony flavor, this stew will become one of your favorite comfort foods! Gently slow-cooked to retain all the nutrients.
- ½ pound of organic uncured bacon, in strips
- 2 to 3 pound grass-fed and -finished chuck roast, cut in 2″ pieces
- 2 large organic red onions, peeled and cut in slices
- 1 clove organic garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 small organic green or Savoy cabbage
- Celtic sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 sprig fresh organic thyme
- 1 cup of homemade beef bone broth
- To your slow cooker add in the following order:
- bacon slices to line the bottom
- onion slices and garlic
- the chuck roast
- the cabbage slices
- the thyme
- the broth
- add few pinches of sea salt and a liberal amount of freshly ground black pepper
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Serve in bowls.