Crispy oven baked zucchini fries made with just 5 INGREDIENTS! Everyone will love this easy and healthy low carb Parmesan zucchini recipe.
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 medium Zucchini
- 3/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line and lightly grease a baking sheet. (Parchment paper works best, but foil might be okay if you grease it very well.)
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise 4 times (to make eight long sticks from each squash). Then cut the sticks once crosswise, making 16 sticks from each squash, approximately 4 in (10 cm) long and 1/2 in (1 cm) thick. If the zucchini sticks feel “wet”, pat them dry with paper towels.
- Prepare two shallow bowls – one with beaten egg and one with a mixture of grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and black pepper. Dip each squash stick in the egg, shake off the excess, then press into the parmesan mixture, coating all sides. (Use one hand for the egg and the other for the parmesan, to avoid getting too much egg in the parmesan which will make it clumpy.) Place on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer without touching.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, flipping the fries and rotating the pan halfway through, until fairly dark golden.
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until darker golden and crispy.