This is the most awesome Sauteed Kale Recipe ever and apparently, you agree! It has been the number one recipes on My Nourished Home pretty much forever. It will convert anyone from a kale-hater to a kale-lover, even my teenager… Learn to choose and prepare kale to remove the bite and keep the hearty flavor and all the nutrition!
Course: Appetizers & SidesAuthor: Cynthia Rusincovitch
- 1 large bunch kale, washed and coarsely chopped Dinosaur kale is my favorite
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 shallots, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large saute pan. Add shallots and allow them to cook 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for one minute, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add kale, broth, and salt and pepper, mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Remove the cover and continue cooking until most of the broth has cooked away. Serve hot and Enjoy!