Oven Roasted Asparagus with Garlic, Parmesan, & Lemon is a quick and easy side dish that is especially delicious in Springtime when asparagus is in season!
Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time10 mins Total Time 15 mins Servings: 4 people Calories: 173 kcalIngredients
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash the asparagus and trim the bottom inch of so of each stalk to get rid of the tough, fibrous part. A good way of telling where you should cut is to bend one stalk of asparagus toward the bottom until it snaps off. Then lay it next to the rest of the asparagus and cut them all to be the same length.
- Pat the asparagus dry and spread it out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Give the asparagus a toss to coat it evenly in the olive oil and seasoning, then roast it in the oven for 8 to10 minutes, depending on thickness, just until tender.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the garlic, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice and give it another toss before serving.