Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Browned Butter : It’s an inspiring list that will surely make you want to get into the kitchen and cook!
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out and discard the seeds. Lightly coat the flesh of the spaghetti squash with olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Place the spaghetti squash cut-side down on a large rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to your pre-heated oven and roast for about 30 minutes, or until the squash is tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. Carefully flip the squash over. Then using a fork, scrape the flesh into strands, keeping the strands inside the squash skin. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook the butter, whisking frequently, until it foams and starts to turn brown and smell nutty, about 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped hazelnuts, sage leaves, red pepper flakes and cinnamon and cook for about 30 seconds more. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the browned butter mixture over the squash strands. Serve immediately.