The idea to make this parmesan zucchini and tomato gratin recipe popped into my head when I realized that I still had some squash left over from when I made the mixed vegetable salad last week.
Prep time 10 mins Cook time 40 mins Total time 50 mins Author: Andres Regalado Serves: 6
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons basil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sauté onions until fragrant and translucent, then add garlic, sauté another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to bottom of medium casserole dish.
- Using a mandoline slicer (or knife) create slices of both the tomatoes and zucchinis.
- Alternate between a layer of 2 zucchini slices and one tomato slice until the dish is filled.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle with seasonings. Then cover with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serving size: 1 serving (Total recipe makes 6 servings)
Protein 7.00g, Fat 7.88g, Cals 114, Carbs 7.37g, Fiber 1.83g — NET CARBS: 5.54g