Roasted Cabbage slices has become an extremely popular recipe around the internet! This is my favorite recipe hack: turn it into noodles!! You can use it with pretty much any pasta sauce. This is my favorite one Roasted Cabbage Carbonara.
- 1 small green cabbage
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- ¼ cup EVOO
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 pastured egg yolks
- 8 slices of uncured bacon ( or guanciale if you can find it)
- 4 Tbs organic butter, melted
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup coconut cream, melted
- Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Remove the cabbage outer leaves and trim off the hard part at the bottom.
- Slice the cabbage in ½ inch thick slices and lay it on a pre-oiled cookie sheet.
- You might need to use several cookie sheets to accommodate the whole cabbage.
- Now in a small food processor mix the garlic cloves with the olive oil and the salt, until they form a smooth, runny paste.
- With a pastry brush, brush the paste onto the cabbage slices evenly.
- Put the cabbage in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, turning the slices once and brushing the other side with more oil.
- While the cabbage cooks prepare the Carbonara sauce.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces, about 1” wide, then put in a frying pan and cook on a moderate flame until crispy, then drain from fat and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, melted butter, coconut cream, salt and pepper, to form a smooth cream.
- The cream should be quite peppery, that is why the name carbonara, which means full of coals, you can add more fresh pepper if you like it spicy.
- As soon as the cabbage is ready, it should be well cooked and caramelized with slightly burnt edges, toss it in the bowl with the Carbonara sauce and the bacon pieces.
- Serve immediately while still very hot!
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 portion
- Calories: 528
- Fat: 45gr
- Carbohydrates: 9gr NET
- Fiber: 5.25gr
- Protein: 15.25gr