Simple, 6-ingredient chocolate chia seed pudding that’s naturally sweetened and so thick and creamy. Loaded with nutrients and perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert!
PREP TIME 3 hours 10 minutes TOTAL TIME 3 hours 10 minutes Servings: (1/2-cup servings)
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, VeganFreezer Friendly NoDoes it keep? 4-5 Days
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3-5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Unsweetened (or light coconut milk for creamier texture!)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- To a small mixing bowl add cacao powder (sift first to reduce clumps), maple syrup, ground cinnamon, salt, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Then add a little dairy-free milk at a time and whisk until a paste forms. Then add remaining dairy-free milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add chia seeds and whisk once more to combine. Then cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 3-5 hours (until it’s achieved a pudding-like consistency).
- Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 4-5 days, though best when fresh. Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, granola, or coconut whipped cream.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients or toppings, and with almond milk (not coconut milk).
*Prep time reflects chilling for the least amount of time (3 hours).
*Recipe loosely adapted from Pop Sugar.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 4)
Calories: 133 , Fat: 8g , Saturated fat: 1.2g , Sodium: 187mg , Carbohydrates: 17g , Fiber: 8.6g , Sugar: 9g ,Protein: 5.3g