A savory and flavorful Keto Instant Pot Chunky Chili, with Slow Cooker directions, is low in carbs and paleo, with a Whole30 option.
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 25 mins Release Time 10 mins Total Time 35 mins
Servings: Calories: 420 kcalAuthor: Stacey
- 1 ¼ lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium sized yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 ½ tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin unsweetened kind
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ⅔ cup cauliflower finely chopped
- 1 cup zucchini squash diced
- ⅔ cup grated cheddar cheese optional (omit for paleo & whole30)
- ½ of an avocado chopped
- 3 tbsp sour cream optional or can use homemade paleo dairy-free sour cream
InstructionsInstant Pot Directions:
- Select Saute and once the Instant Pot is hot add olive oil and crumble the ground beef into the pot. Sauté ground beef for 6 minutes, or until beef is browned while using a wooden spoon to stir and break up the beef.
- Once the beef has browned, add the chopped onions and minced garlic and saute until translucent.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except for the toppings to the pot and stir to combine.
- Close and secure the lid and turn the pressure release handle to the Sealing position. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) on High Pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes.
- Once cooking time is complete, let pressure Naturally release for 10 minutes (do nothing to the pot for 10 minutes) and then carefully Quick Release all the remaining pressure (turn pressure release to Venting). Let all the pressure (steam) release.
- Open the lid, stir and serve topped with cheese, chopped avocado and a ½ tbsp of sour cream or paleo sour cream.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Add onions and minced garlic and saute until translucent.
- Transfer ground beef, onions, and garlic to the slow cooker. Add all the remaining ingredients except for the toppings to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Slow cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Open lid, stir and served topped with chopped avocado, optional cheese and garnish with optional sour cream.
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1/2 cup, Net Carbs per serving: 4.5g. Amounts per serving-
Nutritional Data (includes all toppings): Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size; 1/2 cup chili, Amounts per Serving- Cal: 420, Carbs: 8.5g, Net Carbs: 4.5g, Fiber: 4g, Fat: 32g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Protein: 22g, Sugars: 3g.