Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala (Whole30 Paleo) – A comforting, flavorful Whole30 compliant dish cooked in the Instant Pot or slow cooker!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6 Calories: 280kcal
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee for Whole30
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute. Add butter, onion, and yellow peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes until veggies start to soften.
- Add garlic, ginger, spices and salt and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and coconut milk and stir well to combine. Place chicken on top of mixture. Close the lid and set to Poultry (or Manual setting for 15 minutes).
- When cycle is complete, remove chicken and shred. Using an immersion hand blender, puree the sauce. Add the chicken back to the sauce and adjust seasoning to taste.
For the Slow Cooker
- Combine onion, yellow pepper, spices, salt, tomatoes, and coconut milk in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top. Cook on High 3-4 hours or Low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Puree sauce using an immersion hand blender and return chicken to the slow cooker.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 862mg | Potassium: 792mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3.7% | Vitamin C: 34.1% | Calcium: 4.1% | Iron: 12.6%