This Spicy Beef and Broccoli Zoodle Soup can be made in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker. Full of flavor and easy to serve on a busy weeknight!
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES COOK TIME 4 HOURS TOTAL TIME 4 HOURS 10MINUTES SERVINGS 6 AUTHOR AMY
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 lbs top sirloin steak tips about 1 inch pieces
- 2 heaping cups of fresh broccoli florets
- 8 oz sliced bella mushrooms
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce or sriracha*
- 1 large zucchini spiralized for noodles
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh green onion
For the Instant Pot:
- Select the saute function on your Instant Pot. Once hot, add avocado oil, ginger, garlic, and steak tips. Cook for a few minutes, until the beef is lightly browned on each side, and garlic/ginger is flavorful. Select cancel.
- Now add broccoli, mushrooms, beef broth, vinegar, coconut aminos or soy sauce, and hot sauce. You can also save the broccoli and add with zoodles after the soup has cooked if you want the broccoli to be crisper. Stir and secure the lid.
- Select the manual function on your Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Then use a quick release to let the steam out.
- Now open the lid, adjust to more hot sauce for a spicier variation. Add in the spiralized zucchini, top with fresh green onion, and serve hot.
For the Slow Cooker:
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add oil and cook the ginger and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add beef to the pan, and cook for about 5 minutes until each side is lightly browned (it does not need to be cooked all the way).
- Toss beef, ginger, and garlic inside your slow cooker. Add broccoli, mushrooms, broth, vinegar, soy sauce or coconut aminos, and hot sauce. Broccoli can also be saved until toward the end of cooking time for a crisper taste. Set your slow cooker to low, and cook for 4-5 hours or until beef is tender and soup is flavorful. Add in additional hot sauce for a spicier variation.
- Add in spiralized zucchini, and serve with fresh green onion.
*Use either buffalo sauce or sriracha. If following a Paleo or Whole30 diet, Sriracha is not approved and buffalo sauce should be used in it’s place.