This easy Instant Pot chili verde is a keto and paleo friendly recipe using chicken thighs, tomatillos, and chile peppers.
Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes Pressurizing 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings Calories 310 kcal
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 12 ounces tomatillos (about 7) husked and quartered
- 8 ounces poblano peppers (about 3) stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 4 ounces jalapeño peppers (about 2) stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 4 ounces onions (about 1/2) chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 ounce chopped cilantro leaves (about 1/3 cup packed), plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- Add tomatillos, poblanos, jalapeños, onions, and water to the pressure cooker. Distribute garlic, cumin, and salt on top. Lastly, add chicken thighs. Secure and seal the lid. Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes, followed by a manual pressure release.
- Uncover and transfer only the chicken to a cutting board. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Add cilantro and lime juice to the pressure cooker. Use an immersion blender or countertop blender to puree the mixture.
- Select the saute mode on the pressure cooker for medium heat. Return the chicken to the mixture. Boil for about 10 minutes to thicken the sauce, stirring occasionally. Serve and garnish with additional cilantro.
This recipe yields 6 g net carbs per serving.
|Nutrition Facts Per Serving|
|Total Fat 15g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carb 10g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||15%|
|Vitamin A 6% · Vitamin C 64% · Calcium 2% · Iron 24%|