Artichoke with Herbed Mayonnaise is a french inspired spring recipe that is fun and adventuress to make and eat. Enjoy with herbed mayonnaise!
Course Side Dish Cuisine American Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes Total Time 40 minutes Servings 4 Calories 570 kcal
- 4 Artichokes
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Tarragon or Thyme
- Begin by trimming the outer leaves of the artichokes with kitchen scissors and removing the tops. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outer skin of the stem and underside of the artichoke.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and place the artichokes in a steamer insert. Cook for 20 minutes or until softened.
- While the artichokes are steaming, make the mayonnaise. Whisk together the egg yolks, mustard, and lemon juice. Add in the vegetable oil be drizzling it into the mixture slowly while quickly whisking. Whisk thoroughly until the mixture emulsifies and begins to thicken. Thin with water as needed and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4 cup of fresh herbs to season.
- When the artichokes are finished steaming, cut in half and remove the choke with a spoon.
- Your artichokes are now ready to serve! Eat by peeling off each leaf, dipping into the mayo and removing the artichoke meat with your teeth. Enjoy