Ghee, a staple in Indian cooking, is popular for its high-smoke point and nutty, toasted flavor. The best and purest ghee is the one that is home-made from grass-fed, organic, unsalted butter
Servings: Calories: 203 kcalAuthor: Archana
Cook Time 10 mins Total Time 10 mins
- 16 Oz Unsalted Butter Irish Kerrygold
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute (NORMAL). To change the settings on Sauté mode either press the adjust button or press Sauté button multiple times to switch between less, normal and more modes.
- Add the butter to the Instant Pot. Butter will start to melt, then turn milky & frothy. After about 8 to 9 minutes, depending on the temperature of the butter when you first added to the instant pot, the froth will start to disappear. You will see transparent bubbles being formed and should be able to see the bottom of the pot. Turn the Instant Pot off at this point.
- The Ghee will continue to cook for next 2 to 3 minutes as the Instant Pot gradually cools down. Note: If the bottom of the pot looks brownish, take the inner pot out and place on a hot plate to cool down so it does not cook further.
- Allow the ghee to cool down completely. Then strain the ghee using a strainer or cheese cloth into a clean and dry glass jar. Stored at room temperature or can be refrigerated for extended shelf life.
Note: If the bottom of the pot looks brownish, take the inner pot out and place on a hot plate to cool down so it does not cook further.