- 1 (3 – 3 ½) pound chuck roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 bell peppers (I use a combo of green, red and yellow), sliced
- Green olives with pimentos, garnish
- Add all of the ingredients (except the ones listed under add later) to an Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid, close the valve and cook for 90 minutes.
- Naturally release pressure.
- Shred the beef using two forks.
- Press the sauté button, add the bell peppers and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in the green olives..
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the lid and use two forks to shred the beef.
- Stir in the bell peppers and cook on low for another hour.
- Serve with green olives.
- I suggest waiting to add the bell peppers until the end so they don’t get too mushy and dissolve into the stew.
- I also recommend using different colored bell peppers. Yellow and red bell peppers are sweeter than green and the sweetness compliments the stew.
Serves 10 Calories Per Serving: 207