Do you enjoy pot roast at your house? If so, we’d love to hear the many ways you enjoy it in your meals.
Prep time 10 mins Cook time 1 hour 20 mins Total time 1 hour 30 mins Author: Kelley Herring
- 3 lb grass-fed chuck roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil or grass-fed tallow
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups water or bone broth
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute. Add the oil.
- When shimmering, add the pot roast. Cook 2-3 minutes to golden, then flip to sear other side.
- Sprinkle on the sea salt. Top with sliced onion. Pour in the water or broth.
- Close and lock the lid. Set Instant Pot to “Manual” and program for 70 minutes.
- You may do quick release or natural release.
NotesNutrition Information Per Serving
226 calories, 15 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 6 g monounsaturated fat, 1 g polyunsaturated fat, 77 mg cholesterol, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g NET carbs, 0 g sugar alcohols, 0.5 g sugar, 0.2 g fiber, 22 g protein, 387 mg potassium, 215 mg phosphorous, 479 mg sodium, 23 mg magnesium
60 % FAT | 38 % PROTEIN | 1% CARBOHYDRATE