Break out of your salad rut with some California Endive. It makes a great base for your favorite salad toppings, like avocado, bacon and chipotle ranch dressing!
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ to 1 chipotle pepper in adobo minced
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 heads California Endive ends removed, chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes chopped
- 8 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a sealable glass jar and shake vigorously.
- For the salad, divide chopped endive among four salad plates. Sprinkle with avocado, tomatoes, bacon and cheese.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp dressing and pass the remaining dressing at the table.
Serves 4. Each serving has 10.7 g of carbs and 6 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 4.7 g.