Here’s how to cook spaghetti squash FAST in the Instant Pot. It’s faster than baking it in the oven, and turns out perfect every time!
Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 7 mins Total Time 12 mins CALORIES: 74 KCAL AUTHOR: DETOXINISTA.COM
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half and then scoop out the seeds in the center.
- Place a trivet or steamer basket in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add a cup of water into the bottom. Arrange the cut squash halves on top of the trivet and secure the lid. Make sure the vent at the top is turned to the “sealed” position.
- Use the manual button to set the pressure cooker to cook for 7 minutes on high pressure. When the timer goes off, carefully turn the vent at the top to quickly release the steam and lower the pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid, use a fork to check the squash to make sure it’s cooked to your liking. I like my squash to be tender, but not mushy. If there is water collected in the center of your squash, drain it before serving.
- To serve the squash, use the tines of a fork to separate the cooked strands into spaghetti-like pieces and remove them from the hard shell.
- Use the cooked squash in your favorite recipe and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Per serving: Calories: 74, Protein: 1, Carbohydrates: 16, Fat: 1