Cauliflower fritters are super easy to make and very versatile – think base, snack or side. They make the best low carb hash browns! Kids love ’em!
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES SERVINGS: 12 CALORIES: 69KCAL AUTHOR: LOWCARBMAVEN.COM
- 1 pound raw cauliflower, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ounces onionchopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoonslemon pepper
- Grate the cauliflower and put it into a colander, sprinkle the salt on top and mix thoroughly with your hands. Let the cauliflower sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions and place them into a medium bowl. With clean hands, squeeze the water out of the cauliflower and put the cauliflower into the medium bowl with the onions. Add the almond flour, cheese, baking powder and seasoning. Mix thoroughly. Add the three eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Skillet Method: Place a frying pan or skillet over medium heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out the cauliflower fritter batter and place into the hot skillet. Push down gently with a spatula to make a flattened pancake. Cook 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Don’t flip the fritter until the bottom is well cooked. (I PREFER THIS METHOD HANDS DOWN.)
- Oven Method: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment. Measure 1/4 cup of batter per fritter and flatten out into a circle. Bake for 10-12 minutes, flip and bake for 10-12 minutes more.
- Store in the refrigerator. Re-heat in a dry skillet over medium heat to make crisp again.
A reader just commented that she used store bought riced cauliflower and her fritters turned out crumbly. I grate my cauliflower on a box grater or use the grating blade on my processor. My fritters have never been crumbly. I advised her to use another egg and a little more cheese next time
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g |