These low carb almond flour pancakes are fluffy but substantial, lightly sweet, and wonderful. The recipe makes enough for a family for breakfast (or dinner) or enough to freeze for a quick breakfast fix. Low Carb Almond Flour Pancakes – You must try this recipe.
- 1 cup Honeyville Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons whey protein powder (I like Isopure zero carb)
- 7 ounces full fat coconut milk (1/2 can)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil coconut oil or ghee
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- Measure and add all of the dry ingredients to a medium bowl. Blend together well with a hand mixer or a whisk.
- In a smaller bowl, add all of the wet ingredients and blend together with a hand mixer.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a hand mixer until all of the dry ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spray the surface with baking spray or use oil to lubricate.
- Pour pancake batter using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or a small ladle into the pan and spread the batter evenly into a circular pancake about 3- 4 inches across.
- Cook the pancake until a skin forms around the outside edge and then flip to finish cooking.
- Makes 10 pancakes with 2 pancakes per serving.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Per Serving: 302 calories; 25 g fat; 7.8 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein.
Recipe by: Kiro, Photo Credit: Catherine C. (flickr)