How to Make Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins
They are super easy to whip for a quick and delicious low carb breakfast.
Start by spraying a muffin pan with cooking spray.
Beat together the eggs. Add in the shredded cheese and stir.
In a frying pan, cook the onion and bacon over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add the spinach and stir to combine. Cook for another 3 minutes until the spinach wilts. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
Add the spinach mixture to the egg mixture and stir. Ladle the mixture into the muffin pan. Be careful to not overfill.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350F.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing the egg muffins.
To easily loosen, use a butter knife to loose the sides of the muffins and then gently remove with a fork.
Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins
yield: 12prep time: 10 MINUTEScook time: 28 MINUTEStotal time: 38
MINUTESA mini frittata made with bacon, onions, cheese and spinach. Always a breakfast fave!
- 6 to 8 strips of bacon, chopped
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 to 3 cups of spinach
- 12 eggs
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray cooking spray in a muffin pan. Set aside.
- Beat together eggs. Add the shredded cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a frying pan on the stove, cook the onion and bacon over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add in spinach and stir to combine. Cook for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and let cool for five minutes.
- Add spinach mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Ladle the egg mixture into a muffin pan being careful to not overfill the muffin cups. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan. I found it easy to loosen the sides of the muffins with a butter knife and then gently remove them with a fork.