This easy Brown Butter Cauliflower recipe is naturally gluten free and low carb. Also paleo-friendly and Whole 30 friendly if you substitute the butter with ghee.
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 30 mins Total Time 40 mins Servings: 4 Calories: 77kcal Author: Brianne
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cut cauliflower into florets. In batches, pace cauliflower in a food processor or high-powered blender and pulse until it achieves a rice-like consistency.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt butter and allow it to sizzle until it gets lightly browned in color.
- Add the cauliflower and salt, then stir to coat completely, and smooth to a single layer.
- Stir every 4-6 minutes. After about ten minutes the rice will start to brown on the bottom, so you may have to stir more frequently.
- Cook for a total of 20-30 minutes, until tender, browned and slightly dried out.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 669mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1.8% | Vitamin C: 122.7% | Calcium: 4.6% | Iron: 4.9%