Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Spaghetti Squash has only 314 calories per servings, is extremely delicious, and super easy to make! Everyone will love it!
- 1 spaghetti squash cut in half, seeds removed
- non stick spray
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Italian season or use a mix of oregano, basil, thyme
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese I like to shred my own
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- In a microwave save dish, place your squash halves side by side. Add about 1/4 cup water to the bottom of the dish (water should be covering the bottom, but not more than 1/4 inch high). Place into microwave and cook on high for 9-11 minutes, or until squash is tender** Remove, and set aside for about 10 minutes to cool.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick spray, add red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broccoli and garlic, stirring to combine. Add about 2 TBS water to the skillet, and turn up the heat. Saute for 3-5 more minutes, or until the chopped broccoli is tender. Add mixture to a large bowl, discarding any left over water.
- Using a fork, scrape out the flesh/’spaghetti’ of the squash, and add it to the large bowl with the broccoli mixture. Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning to the mixture, stir to combine.
- Turn your broiler on medium/high. Distribute the mixture back into the squash shells, then sprinkle 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of each squash half. Place shells into an oven safe baking dish/pan.
- Place under broiler, watching carefully. Remove when cheese is bubbling and browned, about 2-3 minutes depending on how close the squash is to the broiler.
- Remove and enjoy!
**You can also cook in the oven – Place into a 350 degree oven on a baking sheet, flesh side down, cook for 50-60 minutes, or until squash is tender.